Saturday, February 18, 2012

Elise LeGrow

I don't often write about music, despite a deep love for many different genres and a desire to listen to different artists. So today while driving back from some minor retail therapy, I heard this great song on the radio. At first I thought it was Duffy, but then I learned it's actually 24 year old, up and coming Elise LeGrow from Toronto, Canada! So here's a shout-out to Elise.

According to her website, www.eliselegrow.com, Elise has been influenced by the late Whitney Houston and also by Paula Abdul and Mariah Carey. Her powerful voice with its earthy vocals and delicious R&B themes remind me of Adele and Duffy. As her website indicates, her single, No Good Woman, is in rotation on radio stations across Canada which is how I heard it today! Elise currently has an EP with 5 songs on it, one of which is No Good Woman.

Check out the song below. This isn't a music video but here's hoping one will soon be produced for Elise's impressive vocal talents:




You can learn more about Elise LeGrow here.

No comments: